Graduate Studies Team:
Director of Graduate Studies
Michael Wise, Ph.D.
Wooten Hall Room 259
- Role: Supervises graduate program operations, chairs the department graduate committee, and serves as department point of contact with college- and university-level administrators.
Associate Director of Graduate Studies - Academic Advising and Professional Development
Kerry Goldmann, Ph.D.
Wooten Hall Room 241A
- Role: Supervises student degree progress, program and career advising, and professional development activities.
Associate Director of Graduate Studies - TA/TF Program Director
Courtney Welch, Ph.D., Ed.D.
Wooten Hall Room 231A
- Role: Supervises teaching assistants and teaching fellows; works with grad studies team and department chair to coordinate TA/TF assignments; coordinates TA/TF evaluation process.
Graduate Program Specialist and Coordinator
Miranda Leddy, M.S.
Wooten Hall Room 225C
Phone: (940) 369-8932
- Role: Administrative support for grad studies team; schedules defenses and other program milestones; point of contact for student financial aid and other offices across campus. Coordinate applications for scholarships, travel funding, assistantships, etc.
Department Graduate Committee:
- Role: Responsible for admission and funding (TA/TF) decisions, as well as curriculum development, and for reviewing graduate student appeals related to program requirements, such as transfer credits and grade probations. Elected annually by department faculty.
Department Affairs Committee:
- Role: Responsible for reviewing scholarship applications and awarding departmental scholarships. Nominates graduate students and TAs/TFs for college and university-level awards. Elected annually by department faculty.