The next admissions period is for Spring 2020. We will accept admission applications to the Graduate Program for Spring 2020 until the deadline, which is October 15, 2019.
Before being accepted into the doctoral program in History, the applicant must
(1) Score: a. at the 70th percentile or higher on the verbal portion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) AND b. either at the 40th percentile or higher on the quantitative portion OR 4.0 or higher on the analytical/writing portion of the GRE,
(2) Submit an acceptable statement of his/her purpose in seeking the doctorate in history,
(3) Submit an acceptable formal paper (other than the thesis) from his/her master's work,
(4) Provide three acceptable letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's post-secondary academic record,
(5) Have a bachelor's degree and 24 hours of history credits from an accredited university (6 hours of US history, 6 hours of world history, and 12 hours of upper level history),
(6) Have successfully completed a master's degree in history or an associated field of study from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.6 on a four-point scale.
(7) Meet all other university requirements.
If the student's application file is incomplete by the department's current application deadline, he/she may register as an undeclared major with Toulouse Graduate School and enroll in graduate history courses (with the written permission of the appropriate faculty) while he/she completes all history admission requirements. In such cases, the student may transfer up to twelve hours of history graduate course work to count towards the completion of his/her history doctoral degree when and if he/she is later unconditionally admitted to the history doctoral program. Applicants should read the Toulouse Graduate School website before applying - http://tsgs.unt.edu/admissions/programs.